Hello there, today we will serve you a very delicious meal, it’s the Chicken Recipes Homemade Frozen Chicken Fingers with Red Pepper-Basil Dipping Sauce. Hope you will enjoy it.
Time: 40 mins
Calories per serving: 264
For Chicken Fingers:
Chicken Tenders- 2 pounds
Egg Whites- of 2 large eggs
Corn flakes – 2 cups
Whole wheat Melba toast – 2 ounces
Parmesan, finely grated – 1/3 cup
Parsley, finely chopped- 1 tbsp
Sweet Paprika- ½ tsp
Salt to taste
- For Red Pepper –Basil Dipping Sauce:
2% Greek Yogurt- ½ cup
Fresh Basil, chopped- 2 tbsps
Roasted Red Pepper, chopped- 2 tbsps
White Wine Vinegar- ½ Tsp
Garlic clove, grated- 1
Salt to taste
1. Take a large re-sealable bag and add the corn flakes, the Melba toast, parmesan,
paprika, half a teaspoon of salt and parsley to it. Crush the contents into a coarse meal
using a rolling pin or the bottom of a skillet. Transfer the rushed contents into a shallow
2. Take a shallow dish and add the egg whites and 2 tablespoons of water to it. Whisk it
3. Dip the chicken tenders in the whisked egg whites. Shake off the pieces to remove the
excess liquid. Coat the pieces with the crushed mixture thoroughly and bake immediately or
refrigerate it for an hour before baking.
4. If you want to cook it at a later point, arrange the coated chicken tenders in a baking
sheets and freeze it for 1 or 2 hours till it turns hard. Then transfer it into a re-sealable bag
and freeze it for a maximum of 1 month.
5. To bake the coated chicken tenders, preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Place the baking
the sheet on a baking rack and liberally spray it with cooking spray. Use the cooking spray
over the fresh or frozen coated chicken tenders. Arrange them on the baking rack and
bake them for 15-20 minutes, flipping them halfway, until the outer coating turns golden
and gets a crispy texture.
6. To prepare the sauce, mix all the ingredients well in a bowl. Add one tablespoon water
to it and mix well. Wrap it and refrigerate until it is ready to be served.
Hope you like and share it with your friends :).
Leave a Comment