Hello everyone, welcome to a new recipe for fish overs, it’s the Roasted Salmon with Shallot-Grapefruit Sauce.
Time: 35 mins Servings: 4 Calories per serving:345
- Salmon fillets, 6 ounces each, skinless- 4
Ruby Red Grapefruits- 2
Shallots, minced- 1 tbsp
Basil leaves, thinly sliced- 2 tbsps
Cayenne pepper- a pinch
Honey- 2 ½ tsp
Ginger, freshly grated- 1 Tsp
Olive oil- 2 Tsp
Lemon juice- 2 Tsp
Salt – to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Sprinkle ¼ tsp of salt on the salmon and spread it
evenly. Place the seasoned salmon filets in a baking dish and cook it for around 18
minutes till it is cooked through.
2. When the salmon is being cooked, cut off the top and bottom of one grapefruit. Then
cut the skin to get rid of the peel and pith. Using a paring knife separate each segment of
the fruit from its section. Cut each of these segments in half and keep it aside. Extract the
juice of the second grapefruit and keep it aside.
3. In a skillet kept over medium flame heat the oil. Sauté the minced shallots in it for 2
minutes till it is softened. Add honey, cayenne pepper, grapefruit juice and ginger to this
and let it simmer. Cook for around 10 minutes till the sauce is reduced by half. Add
lemon juice and salt.
4. Toss the basil and grapefruit pieces into the sauce right before serving. In a plate, apply
sauce over the salmon and serve.
it’s quick and easy, hope you like this recipe and share it, also if you have some ideas or recipes to share the comments below are all yours.